WORK EXPERIENCE Director of Development Operations & Donor Stewardship
Purdue Research Foundation, College of Science | October 2017 - Present
Manager of Development Operations & Donor Relations
- Manage a portfolio of 15+ donors with a goal of raising gifts at the $25k and under range.
- Increase fundraising efforts by managing annual giving solicitations and directing the College’s Purdue Day of Giving strategy. Our multi-channel communication strategy led to a near 50% increase in the total number of gifts to the College on Day of Giving from 2014-2017.
- Achieved a significant increase in the size of the Science Women for Purdue Giving Circle after 4 months of assuming responsibility, leading to over $10k donated to programs and organizations that support women in science.
- Travel to alumni events around the country to connect people back to the University and cultivate potential donors.
- Interact with key stakeholders including deans, Alumni Board members, department heads, and C-level donors/alumni.
Purdue Research Foundation, College of Science | March 2015 – October 2017
Business Development Representative
- Develop a data-driven marketing and communications plan to increase donor retention, grow the donor pipeline and increase giving levels. My work led to increased retention (60% donor retention rate), a record number of annual donors (over 3,000), and more dollars raised (over $20 million a year).
- Organize over 15 events a year to enhance alumni and donor engagement. Events include alumni awards ceremonies, regional and local networking events, graduation celebrations, donor appreciation events, and more.
- Launched and led a student ambassador group that educates students about philanthropy and creates meaningful connections between alumni and students.
- Write, design and disseminate donor and alumni correspondences on behalf of the College, including mass emails, annual reports, solicitations, thank you letters from the dean, event invitations, and holiday messages.
TinderBox (Now called Octiv) | August 2014 – March 2015
Digital Programming Intern
- After 4 months at TinderBox, I added over one million dollars in potential revenue to the company’s pipeline.
- Consistently exceeded my goal of creating 5 new qualified business opportunities a week.
- Created potential business opportunities through cold calls, email, LinkedIn, and by networking at local events.
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Collaborate with domestic and international marketing teams to develop and execute strategic content planning within Red Bull’s owned YouTube channels to ensure maximum distribution outcomes.
Chi Omega, Chi Beta Chapter – Advisor, Marketing Chair & Alumnae Relations Chair
- Advise the Marketing and Alumnae Relations chairs about how they can use their leadership role to improve their chapter. Also serve as a mentor, providing advice about managing school, life, and their role in Chi Omega.
Impact Teen Drivers
- Organized a partnership between Impact Teen Drivers and the UCLA football team in order to promote driver safety in the Los Angeles area.
Chi Omega, Gamma Beta Chapter – Public Relations & Marketing Director
AWARDS & MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS
- Organized a Spa Day charity event that raised $2,500 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, twice the amount raised in the previous year.
- Worked collaboratively with four classmates to create a public relations campaign on behalf of the Indiana State Department of Health to promote HIV prevention. With a $50,000 budget, we developed a pilot campaign to promote PrEP (a daily pill that is over 90% effective at preventing HIV) across Indianapolis college campuses.
- Presented to 20 students enrolled in a Public Health campaigns graduate course at the IUPUI Fairbanks School of Public Health about creating effective public health campaigns, using the PrEP campaign as an example.
- Creativity Award given by College of Science Director of Advancement in 2015
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES (UCLA)
B.A. Communication Studies
INDIANA UNIVERSITY-PURDUE UNIVERSITY OF INDIANAPOLIS (IUPUI)
M.A. Public Relations (Management track)
Guacamole, spending time with my fiance and our Labrador Retriever, traveling, watching UCLA and Purdue basketball